PLEASE NOTE: EMPLOYERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR APPRENTICE’S TUITION PER THE PA STATE DEPT. OF EDUCATION
In order to be current with the four year program, apprentices must acquire 144 hours per year or 72 hours per semester. Each semester consists of exactly 72 hours of instruction. Therefore, apprentices must attend every night of instruction in order to acquire the number of hours required. The list below indicates the accumulated hours needed at the end of each year in order to be current:
- First Year: 144 Hours (Cost: $735.00 per semester)
- Second Year: 288 Hours (Cost: $825.00 per semester)
- Third Year: 432 Hours (Cost: $825.00 per semester)
- Fourth Year: 576 Hours (Cost: $825.00 per semester)
Number of Hours Needed to Advance to the Next Year:
- First Year: 0-132 Hours
- Second Year: 133-282 Hours
- Third Year: 283-426 Hours
- Fourth Year: 427-576 Hours
**THESE HOURS WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.**
Apprentices will have opportunities to earn additional hours which will be added to the apprentice’s total hours AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER DURING WHICH THEY ARE AWARDED. These include:
- Early Registration – Apprentice’s will be awarded 3 additional hours for completing their registration by the early registration date each semester they attend. The early registration deadline date for the first semester of the 2022 – 2023 year is Friday, June 24 2022 (registration is only considered complete with FULL PAYMENT).
- NEW apprentices can be registered after the deadline date however, they are strongly encouraged to be registered by July 29th so that we can get them on the roll sheets and be prepared.
- Additional hours (3) will be awarded for a blood donation to Vitalant (Central Blood Bank) by an apprentice or their representative – one time per year.
- AMPAC Meetings – THIRD and FOURTH YEAR apprentices may have opportunities throughout the year to attended approved AMPAC meetings that are educational in nature.
- Apprentices will be awarded 3 additional hours for each of these meetings that they attend.
- Only NEW APPRENTICES employers will be eligible to register during the 1st scheduled class date. All other registrations must be done on or before the deadline date of 07/29/2022
- A late fee of $100 will be assessed on any returning apprentices employers who are registered after 07/29/2022
- If you prefer not to register your apprentice online, you can complete a registration form and mail it to 3128 Allendale Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15204 with full payment enclosed. Or you can stop in the office and register (but you must call first to make sure someone is in the office)
AMPAC Office/Apprentice Program
3128 Allendale Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15204
Download and Print Registration Form