This applies to only beginning first year students who qualify to take the test under the Allegheny County Guideline. they are as follows:
- Successful completion of related training program consisting of at least one school year of instruction.
- Successful completion of related training provided by the military during active service.
- College credits received towards a major related field.
- Other comparable training/college credits that would meet the requirements of 1, 2 or 3.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.
Allegheny County does require a fee for taking the exam. Individuals who qualify must apply with the county to take the exam before the first night of class.
Students who pass the exam according to County standards, will receive 144 school hours once the student presents certification of the test results.
Please contact the AMPAC office or the Allegheny County Health Department’s Plumbing Division for details about obtaining an Advanced Standing application. Their number is (412)578-8123.